Thursday, September 24, 2015

Example of a Quickened Verse


It was early and I was reading along in the Bible as normal.  Just verse after verse, soaking in the story and the things the Lord had to say to Israel in Isaiah.

Then, I came upon Isa 35:3

Isa 35:3 Strengthen the weak hands and make firm the feeble and tottering knees.(1)
Isa 35:4 Say to those who are of a fearful and hasty heart, Be strong, fear not! Behold, your God will come with vengeance; with the recompense of God He will come and save you.
Isa 35:5 Then the eyes of the blind shall be opened, and the ears of the deaf shall be unstopped.
Isa 35:6 Then shall the lame man leap like a hart, and the tongue of the dumb shall sing for joy. For waters shall break forth in the wilderness and streams in the desert.(2)

A joy rose up in me.  I knew that this was my verse.  I knew that this was the Lord talking to me.  Not to Israel, but to me.

Have you ever experienced that?

This is what is known as a 'quickening'

of the Word.

That means that the scriptures you read, or remember, are quickened from Bible Text, to a voice of the Lord to you personally.

Try it.  Read and listen.  Look for scriptures that pop out at you, that move you emotionally.  Yes, even those little thoughts that you have that say inside your heart, "I wish this would apply to me."  Those very thoughts are the Voice of the Holy Spirit telling you:  "These are for you from Me."

This is called hearing God.

It is one way, but not the only way.

Take time to listen.  (smiles)

No comments:

Post a Comment